Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Yucky stain on wall

I have dried raw egg splatter on a wall over our stairs (and very visible to kitchen & living room). I cleaned some of it and got peeled off paint in the process. I am looking at quite a mess that I can barely reach. Any suggestions on how to fix? I am hoping I can touch up paint it, but am worried...especially about the stain. If I had  to paint the entire wall it would be extremely difficult.....

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-01-09T04:00:55+0000  by beefirth beefirth

Welcome to the community Beefirth. Have no fear ThePaintAvenger is here. I’m sorry to hear about this dilemma, so you cleaned off the egg and some paint peeled off. Here’s a idea take a plastic scraper and scrape anything else that’s peeling. Next skim coat the area with MH Ready patch, a thin layer if you will and sand with a fine grit sand paper. Once this is done use Killz primer, sealer, stain blocker, then paint with Behr Premium Plus.

The Zinsser 1-Qt. Ready Patch Spackling and Patching Compound is a spackling paste for interior and exterior applications. The Silica-free formula resists shrinkage and will not sag or crack. This product is sandable and paintable.

• Silica-free formula for indoor and outdoor applications.
  • For wood, metal and masonry
  • Off white color when dried. Dries fast and cures hard.
  • Coverage is depending on surface porosity
  • Shrink resistant, won't sag or crack

The KILZ Complete 1-Gallon Oil-Based White Interior/Exterior Primer, Sealer and Stain Blocker resist the growth of mildew to help maintain a fresh, pristine appearance. The oil-based formula offers excellent adhesion and hiding capabilities to help reduce the number of top coats required. It provides a mildew-resistant coating that is ideal for use in areas with high humidity.

• Suitable for interior and exterior applications
  • Ideal for home and professional use
  • Use a sprayer, roller or brush for an easy application
  • Oil-based formula provides excellent adhesion and hiding capabilities to help reduce the number of top coats needed
  • Resists stains to ensure lasting beauty
  • Mildew-resistant coating ideal for high-humidity areas such as bathrooms and laundry rooms
  • Provides up to 300 sq. ft. of coverage
  • Can be tinted to match a variety of color schemes

I have a question for you. What is around this area that makes it difficult to reach? The more information I have the better I can assist you J I hope the info I given you so far helps out. ThePaintAvenger

Posted 2013-01-10T17:17:08+0000  by Soheil_HD_BOS

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+