Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

antique tool

holy god, this site is difficult to navigate! can anyone identify this tool? it was made by the c. schlickPicture 038.jpger mfg. co., rochester, ny

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-10-09T21:36:16+0000  by elspeth420 elspeth420

Hi and welcome to the community. 

I have searched for some information on the tool that you posted.  I was not able to find a definite match to what exactly the device is, but was able to find a trail.

The manufacturer may have been a Christian Schlicker who was based out of Rochester, New York during the early 1900"s. His company helped with patents by machining the inventions for respected clients - like prototypes.  There should be a patent number somewhere on the tool that could further help you research at the US Patent Office's archives.  Also, I found some old classified ads around the 1900's that had Mr. Schlicker requesting old medical tools and equipotent - so it may in fact be a medical device.

I know the name is not the same as you posted, but I thought that the fact that you were both based out of Rochester was worth considering.

Please let us know if you come up with anything.

Posted 2011-10-10T18:46:16+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL

Goodness. If that's a medical instrument, I certainly don't want to have whatever procedure that's used for!

Posted 2011-10-11T14:14:56+0000  by CAinATL

Thank you, I'll try the Schlicker link.  It is definetely that company, and it says patented on it but no number.

Posted 2011-10-13T02:12:21+0000  by elspeth420

Hey elspeth420!!

Paintpro is right about the Christian Schlicker producing it. They were also big on reparing Veterinary supplies. So this could also be a old tool used by vets. I hope this helps!

BostonianChick

Posted 2011-10-19T19:46:49+0000  by BostonianChick

It may have been used to open snails or shell fish. Based on the design, something would be held in the loop portion and with the scissor action, the blade portion would be driven through the item held.

Posted 2011-10-22T19:24:56+0000  by Paul
My grandmother has this exact same tool.  She passed this summer and my dad came across this and was wondering if I could find any information on it. The same markings on the top and the word PATENTED on the side of the loop.  I have searched everywhere for some information on this tool.  There is not a number that goes with my tool though, just the word PATENTED.  On the oval "spoon" side the C.SCHLICKER MFG.CO, ROCHESTER N.Y.  I was wondering if you ever found out what this tool was?  It has become a guessing game for us.
Posted 2017-10-08T13:37:14+0000  by BrandeSpring
Just wanted to let you know that I had someone on and antique website find out some more information that led me to the following article.  It was from Christian Schlicker in a Hardware World: Plumbing and Heating volume 15.  He talks about raising the price of Pineapple eyesnips.  After googling antique pineapple eyesnips I was able to locate another picture that matched yours and mine.  This tool is an antique kitchen tool used to cut out the eyes of the pineapple.  I am just glad to have the mystery solved!

https://books.google.com/books?id=mZ07AQAAMAAJ&pg=RA2-PA188&lpg=RA2-PA188&dq=c.schlicker+pineapple+eyesnips&source=bl&ots=fmw-hibONb&sig=8Y-9VcGXnwKmFwito_Sjf8Ssx5o&hl=en&sa=X#v=onepage&q=c.schlicker%20pineapple%20eyesnips&f=false
Posted 2017-10-09T22:00:58+0000  by BrandeSpring

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+