Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

applying drywall texture.<knockdown>

I have a total of 10 sq.ft.of bare drywall to apply texture to.I dont want to buy all the equipment usualy associated with this type of repair.Is there any easy and simple way to do this?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-10-26T22:56:20+0000  by smada smada





Spray eqipment need not be purchased. It can be rented from your local Home Depot which has a Rental Center.


However, you have a relatively small area to be touched up. There are spray cans of knock down texture which can be used to small areas. These sprays shoot a course spray whch is allowed to set a couple minutes before be "knocked down" which a broad flexible knife. If you don't wait until the spray has stiffened somewhat, you will completely flatten the texture, rather than just knock  down the peaks.


The knock down spray cans can be had in the Paint Department at Home Depot.


Hope this has helped

Posted 2013-10-27T03:26:04+0000  by ordjen
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question