Sign In to join the community | Help
Lumber & Composites

barn boards for a wainescoat, rustic cabin look

is there some type of barn looking board I can buy and cut to size?  Wainescoating is not tall enough and I don't want it to look like paneling.  Want to do a 3/4 wall of wood to cover the sheet rock,  Also, should I glue it? woo

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-09-02T02:23:54+0000  by valpal valpal

Hey valpal,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

I take it that the wainscot panel you saw in our store wasn't the look you wanted. I'd say as an alternative for selections, you can always go to our millworks or pro desk to speak to an associate there to see other options. Some of them we may not have online, but even viewing them here on our site wouldn't hurt either.

I'm not sure if you saw any unfinished panels we carry as well. These are sometimes not with the finished wainscot panels in our store, and can be stained or painted to give it a rustic look. A little stain or paint can go very far to achieve the personal look you want. And yes, we can cut these boards down to size, but they are all 4' x 8'.

Also, any local sawmills or lumber centers near you could actually have timbers or pieces that you can assemble to mimic the rustic cabin look you want. It's really up to you in terms of style and budget to get what you want.

As for placement and installation of it, if it will be in panel form, its typically done via nails into the studs. And usually, some sort of frame like a cap or baseboard will further enhance the look and integrity of the installation.

To go into more details on how to install wainscot paneling, click on the image below and it will take you directly to it.

Step 8 : Install the cap rail and baseboard

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Joseph

Posted 2013-10-12T19:54:43+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+