Sign In to join the community | Help
Storage & Organization

base for shed

Would like to price out lumber to build a base for a Suncast Sutton 7 ft. 3 in. x 7 ft. 4.5 in. Resin Storage Shed.  How can I do that on the website?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-12-04T19:34:04+0000  by Foog11 Foog11

Hey Fogg11.

This shed already comes with a floor kit but If you would like to build a pressure treated wood floor for it then this is what you will need. Prices may be different in your area so I will give you the links to the products which will put you in the ballpark. Your floor joists will be 12 in on center.

You will need about (12) pressure treated 2x6's

You will also need to get (2) pieces of 3/4 inch pressure treated plywood.

You will need to get (1) box of 2 in deck screws to put it together.

Posted 2013-12-05T16:21:11+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL

I can't help with pricing but I might suggest using pressure treated lumber rated for ground contact, which is typically going to be some kind of post.

I'd probably use one post each edge and fill in the middle with three more evenly spaced, giving you a span of something less than 24".  Top it with 3/4" PT plywood, with the long axis of the sheets running perpendicular to the posts.  I'm a fan of GRK fasteners so I'd secure plywood with their RSS screws.

Obviously you want to make sure everything is nice and level, which may require some excavation.

Posted 2013-12-06T01:03:28+0000  by Adam444

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+