Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

bathroom window trim

I'm replacing the window trim on a window that is located on a wall in my shower. How do I remove the old trim? It looks loike a replacement window with basic window trim but I'm not sure what tools I will need or how to remove the old trim without causing damage. I'm sure this has been discussed on this board but I'm not sure how to search for the thread.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-10-18T02:06:34+0000  by redford redford

Hi redford and welcome to the community. Removing the trim is actually not too difficult, Depending on how your shower is constructed you'll need a couple of tools readily available.

A sharp razor knife to cut through any adhesive or paint between the trim and wall. A pry bar to remove the trim will be needed next. Be sure to keep an eye out for any additional nails and/or screws holding the trim in place. Try not to be too forceful when removing the trim, use leverage to work the trim out of place, and a wood block under the pry bar to help keep from damaging the surrounding wall.

That's about all as far as removing the trim again you need a razor knife, prybar, scrap piece of wood. I also found some previous community post that you may find helpful. Get back to us if you have any questions along the way and please feel free to post some pictures.

Cheers,

ChrisFixit

Bathroom window This post contains some great info specific to bathroom windows

Window Install video General window installation

Posted 2012-10-19T13:43:13+0000  by Chris_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+