Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

best colors

I have brown\black floor tiles.. I hate the white walls that my apartment has I want to paint them . nothing to dark but I love the color purple. was hoping that there's a blend I can do as far as my wall and able to at least use my favorite color in the process. please help.. first time diy
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-07-01T23:41:53+0000  by paws paws

Welcome to our community Paws, 

Thank you for your question! 

On our website, we have a great application that will help you find the perfect purple for your apartment. I would encourage you to find a color that you think you might like and then go to your local Home Depot store to purchase a sample size of that color. Many times, a paint color will look different on a computer or phone screen than in real life. Purchasing a paint sample will allow you to see what the paint will look like in your home. This way you are positive you love the color before you purchase a gallon. 

There are also some really great tips on this site that will help you with your painting project. 
Click here to take a look at the Home Depot Color Center . 

If you have any more questions, please let us know! 

Christine 

Posted 2015-07-02T12:09:46+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL
Hey Paws,

Christine's link will help you select colors and order samples.

Beyond simply changing colors, you might consider re-designing your room to include draperies, lighting and other accent pieces.

In an earlier thread, we discussed How To Design Your Perfect Room.

In that thread, a "How To" video will show you how to coordinate an overall design for your room.

In addition, links in that thread will take you to The Home Decorator Collection where you can coordinate seating, rugs, blinds, paint, lighting, and many more accent pieces to makeover your room so you really own it!

As you move forward, selecting colors and executing design, take time to post photos of your new decor.

We'd love to see how you pull your new decor together.
Posted 2015-07-02T14:54:15+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+