Sign In to join the community | Help
Outdoors

building a sand paver patio

I would like to know about how much product i would need to complete my patio. its length is 17 feet and the width is 8 feet. 

how many bags of paver base will i need?

How many bags of sandwill I need?

How many pavers will I need if it's 16'x16' or 8''x6''? I haven't decided which paver I would chose ye

Another question is I have a concrete walkway, but its basically covered in grass and weeds now. I want to put down 16''x16'' pavers, which is bigger than the space showing. do i need to dig around it and follow the same steps as building a patio, or should i just put down leveling sand and then lay the pavers.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-06-20T04:22:33+0000  by jessmadd jessmadd

Hey jessmadd.

All right, you have a patio that is 136 square foot. You will need 90 bags of paver base, which each .5 cuft bag covers 1.5 square foot at the recommended 4 inches deep.

You will need 22 bags of leveling sand for the recommended 1 inch depth.

You would  78 of the 16x16 pavers for this project or you would need 408 of the 8x6 pavers. If this project will have you cutting many pavers then it is recommended buying 10% more. You can always return what you do not use.

CLICK HERE for a great video from our vendor pavestone, that will help you with your project.

Hit me back here with any other questions.

Posted 2013-06-20T12:52:50+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL

With larger concrete pavers (16 x 16 or 12 x 12) count on some breakage too. If you do need to cut pavers, rent a saw at the local HD. You will need ear protection but it makes cutting concrete pavers just like cutting any 2 x 4 piece of wood. Good luck.

Posted 2013-06-21T19:42:23+0000  by insero

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+