Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

care of trafficmaster allure flooring

Can you use a steam mop on the trafficmaster allure floating vinyl resilient plank flooring?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-07-05T20:54:56+0000  by cdmanlsn cdmanlsn

Hey there cdmanlsn,

Welcome to the community!~

Caring for your Allure flooring is a pretty easy task, but there are a few caveats and you've run into one with the steam cleaning. Steam mops are not recommended for use on Allure flooring, with the reason being that it can compromise the glue underneath and actually cause it to re-activate and possibly shift.

For your cleaning needs, I'd recommend a water-vinegar mixture (one cup white vinegar to one gallon warm water) as your best bet. It's an all natural cleaner and provides a great clean too! My next recommendation would be Clorox's Green Works cleaner. This is also a non-toxic and all natural cleaner to use, which is all I like to use since I don't like any excess chemical use in the house.

Fellow community member Designingwoman also responded to a thread and recommended the same products as well. You can view her response in the thread: Allure vinyl plank flooring.

Best of luck with your cleaning endeavors. Please let us know if you have any other questions we can help with!~

Posted 2012-07-05T21:04:35+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+