Sign In to join the community | Help
Lumber & Composites

cargo van bed conversion

I've been looking into putting a bed in the back of my cargo van for traveling in the summer (its a dodge ram van 2500). I'm feeling a little overwhelmed just trying to get a blueprint going as I'm not experienced in measurements, wood sizing, and bolts and things!

Basically, I want a 4 section bed big enough for two to sleep on where 1 section breaks off as a table when the remaining three sections are folded as a bench. I got the idea from this website here http://www.morehawes.co.uk/travelling/canada/minivan-camper-conversion-stage-one-complete.

Can home depot help me out with blueprints on something like this? The frame is a bit confusing but i like the storage underneath and the dual functionality of it.

Thanks!!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-26T18:56:30+0000  by Neonjesus88 Neonjesus88

This is the type of question we love having on the community.  We can pick the brains of all our members and collectively come up with a practical solution (I hope).

Here is my lazy way of solving the bed issue.  This way you can concentrate on a combo table/bench project without all that lost time.

This is easily broken down, requires no tools, and should fit nicely in the space.  Maybe wood panels on the top could be transformed into the table/bench unit.

Posted 2014-01-26T21:24:03+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL
Where can I find this metal bed/cot?
Posted 2014-02-04T14:43:56+0000  by difow

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+