Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

chang out light fixtures

How do I replace a dining room light and bathroom lighting with new fixtures?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-09-07T14:23:35+0000  by malom44 malom44

you must turn of power to fixtures and diconnect fixture accordinly.

or I can give you hand with the fixtures I am a licensed electrician.

Posted 2012-09-07T15:02:33+0000  by quique

Hey malom44,

Thanks for your question, let's talk about safely replacing the lighting in your dining room and bathroom!

Luckily, we already have an abundance of lighting install know-how here online. To change them out, you'll first need to make sure that new fixture is the same weight and is secured once installed as well as making sure the power is turned off to the fixtures. Heavier fixtures may need a junction box to hold up the new light.  As long as the existing fixture is secure now, this shouldn't be an issue, but something to consider.

To change out your dining room light or any ceiling mounted light, we have a great video regarding this, click on the image below to find out more.

Upgrading a Light Fixture Video

For a printable step by step instructions, you can click the image below to view it:

How to Install a Ceiling Lighting Fixture

If any of the lighting are wall mounted, you can use similar steps, but click on the image below and it will take you to the exact instructions for these kinds of fixtures.

How to Install a Wall Lighting Fixture

Simply follow the instructions linked above and you can safely and securely get new lighting for your dining and bathrooms!

Hope this helps you out,

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2012-09-08T18:07:55+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+