Sign In to join the community | Help

changing a sink

have a double sink in kitchen can I change to a single sink
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-03-08T02:27:00+0000  by debbie104 debbie104
Without seeing what you have it's hard to say certainty but drop in sinks can generally be replaced pretty easily.  A drop in sink is one as the name suggests, installs from above and has a lip that cover the hole in the coutertop. 

Basically you need to measure the size of your existing sink and see if a single bowl is available in that width (the depth for most counter tops is pretty standard - 22").  After that it's a matter of disconnecting the faucet and drain plumbing and removing the sink (most are held in place by clips underneath) and installing the new one.  A lot of people opt for a new faucet too, which is generally easier to install before the sink is mounted.

If you have an undermount sink or a solid surface (e.g., Corian) countertop with an integral sink that will be a bit more complicated.

Posted 2015-03-08T03:22:07+0000  by Adam444
Absolutely debbie104!

Your local Kitchen and Bath Associate can help you measure and show you options.

Of course, you'll have to revise your plumbing drains and install a faucet.

Personally, I like the deep well sinks with the single handle tower faucets.

This combo give your much more sink capacity and the extension head will easily reach all corners of your larger single sink.

As with all DIY projects, you'll enjoy the improved utility after making small necessary revisions.
Posted 2015-05-07T14:23:25+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question