Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

choosing a hotwater heater for a small office

Situation: I have a broken 10 gallon water heater over the drop ceiling in a 1,000 sf office space with three sinks.
Question: Should I get three separate tankless heaters or one bigger one to put up over the bathroom and feed into them all? Infrequently used (maybe 20-30 hand-washes per day, 5 days/week, and a little bit of dish washing daily).

The question is regarding short-term vs long-term costs and payback, etc.
I may self-install it/them.

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-01-10T03:51:09+0000  by Chrismlva Chrismlva

Hello Chrismlva and welcome to the Community.

Your small demand for hot water could easily be supplied by a single small tankless electric water heater, like an ECO Smart model # ECO-11 or a Rheem RETE-13.  It has a lifetime warranty on parts but in order to maintain the warranty, the manufacturer requires that it be installed by a licensed electrician and plumber.

Here is a link from Rheem to help you determine your flow rate needed and how to choose the correct size tankless heater.  And the chart below is provided by Eco Smart.

Most tankless water heater require a 240-volt power supply.

I suggest reading the installation instructions and requirements, product brochures, use and care manuals, and warranty information, provided by the manufacturer of the product you are interested in.  This information can usually be found by choosing a product on HomeDepot.com, then clicking on the Specification tab below the photo of the product.  Under the (Product Overview) heading and to the right, you will see a sub heading of (Info & Guides).

Thank you for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2017-01-10T19:42:07+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+