Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

cleaning laminate

I will be installing TrafficMaster lamiate wood floors in my entire house (living room, den, hallway and 2 bedrooms). What do I use to clean it? I thought about getting a Shark vac/steam mop, but a review I read on another website said that the steam can get under the floor and cause mildew. Any insight would be helpful.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-06-26T17:22:40+0000  by aparker aparker

Aboveaverage

Thanks for the reply.

I take thathere is two different types of allure floor cleaner as well as the other you mentioned . We looked at one cleaner for  the allure flooring and it said we had to strip the floor and then putt he cleaner on .I take the allure cleaner you show in your post is not the same thing

We will look at this and the other brand our next trip to the HD

Even with the cleaning problem we have we still believe this or this type of floor is heads tall above anything else

I do not see how anything can get under or in this flooring as this stuff does stick to each other

We moved roughly 120 sq ft of it after it was all stuck together just to see it would stay together like we were told and not one piece came loose

Can't say this will be everyones result but we are very happy with this product

Posted 2012-07-09T19:10:47+0000  by Doc1

Hey it's no problem.

I can see you've taken quite a fancy to the TrafficMaster Allure, I'm glad you and your family has gotten great results from it. 

To my knowledge, we only sell 2 types of Allure cleaner in our stores, the SIngle Step in Gloss (the image I posted) as well as the Satin Finish product. There is a stripper product by Armstrong, but that wouldn't be necessary in this case.

You are right about the makeup of the installation, but if any planks were shifted due to climate, moisture, or improper installation, water can easily get underneath the plank and cause issues down the road. 

It sounds like you are well on your way to getting the floors spic and span again!

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2012-07-09T19:17:32+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
I only love playing card game and that's why  free online spades i only wants to play here for free and without download.
Posted 2018-10-13T09:20:56+0000  by ashwin
I only love playing card game and that's why  free spades online i only wants to play here for free and without download.
Posted 2018-10-13T09:22:05+0000  by ashwin
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+