Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

color - is there a hot grouping of colors these days

i was thinking green - toward grey green would be neutral, but nice.

looking for neutral after a crazy blue on my wall for years - help

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-04-02T20:32:09+0000  by robinmarsha robinmarsha

Welcome to our community Robinmarsha!

My name is Christine and I work in the paint department at Home Depot in Atlanta. There are so many colors to choose from and at times it can be overwhelming. Luckily, there are many websites that will help guide you on your quest to finding the perfect color.

On the Behr website, they have a program called ColorSmart. This program has all of the colors available from Behr. You can start an account (no worries, its free!) and you can save the colors that you have chosen. Additionally, if you have a smart phone you can also download the app. Some neutral, grey, green colors that I have found that you may like are: Herb Garden PPH- 51, Silver Sage UL210-8 and Rejuvenate 410E-3. 

The Glidden website also has a similar program. You can click through colors and virtually paint a room that is similar to yours. Some colors that you might like are: Polished Limestone, Slate Green, and Prairie Sage.

On Martha Stewarts website there is an area called “Palettes We Love”.  There are 10 slides that have 10 different colors palettes that are popular right now. Some colors that I think you might enjoy are: Timothy Hay on Colonial Bedroom palette, Tadpole Green on Green Living Room palette and Artichoke Heart on Soft and Striking Living Room.

I would highly recommend going to your local Home Depot and looking at paint chips and taking some home. Looking at colors online is convenient, but it is not always an accurate look at the color because screen resolutions vary. While you are at the store, you can also purchase 8 ounce paint samples and actually see the paint on the wall in the room that you are painting. Many customers find this to be very helpful when picking out a color. You will be surprised how much a paint color can change depending when you see it in the room.  

I hope this helps you find the perfect color.

If you have any more questions, please let us know!

Happy Painting!

Christine :)

Posted 2013-04-03T15:05:52+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+