Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

column/pillars

how do i put up a column/pillars inside my home at the front entrance?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-07T02:56:54+0000  by mssexylady mssexylady

Hey mssexylady,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

A lot of factors will determine how, if, and where you can place columns/pillars in your home at the entrance.

If you can, provide us with pictures, measurements and sizes, of where you want them to be placed.

This most likely would be a customized job where you'd have to have someone craft this for you. At the least, it will take some planning to ensure it is installed properly.

Let me know what you have, and we can assist you further.

Cheers,
Joseph
Posted 2014-04-16T17:41:16+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
Hello mssexylady!

I have pillars inside my entrance on either side of the hallway that leads through to the den and kitchen.

They are stationed under the front edge of the second-floor landing which is just outside the master bedroom.

The landing is open in the front so you can look out the Palladian window and down into the French door foyer.

These columns are positioned as architectural details that appear to provide support.

And in most cases, you will want to install columns in a similar fashion ... they should have a purpose for their location.

The actual install is not so difficult.

Simply measure the height to be filled and subtract the height of the column bases; one above and one below the column.

One base fits over each end of the column and the three pieces slide into the pre-measured space between the floor and the ceiling.

NOTE:
The base is often designed with openings that allow moisture and debris to escape ... preventing maintenance issues inside the column.

Expect to see these slots along the floor and adjacent to the ceiling ... particularly in bases designed for exterior applications.
Posted 2014-07-01T21:51:54+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+