Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

completely wrong color

The girl at the counter was really nice and I'm extremely passive so when she handed me my paint I didn't want to be nasty and figured when it dried it would lighten up. It didn't. It's black. Should be "aged eucalyptus" and "cold steel". They're both the same color of black. I'm an idiot. Since theres a no return policy and I've been reading you can go darker but not lighter what do I do? Is this going to cost me about $100 when I promised my husband it would be cheap? I could cry. 
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-02-11T17:07:28+0000  by SG1987 SG1987

Sorry to learn of your problem SG1987,

I understand your desire to prevent confrontation.

And, in this situation there really shouldn't be one anyway.

First and foremost, always try a half-pint color sample before buying gallons.

The lighting in your room will certainly make a difference in the way each color appears.

Once certain the color is what you want in your home, buy enough paint to complete two coats.

I made this video to help you determine: How Much Paint Do I Need?

Watch Our How-To Video

Use the roller cover that matches your surface.

I made this video to help you determine: Paint Roller Naps: Which Thickness Is Right?

Watch Our How-To Video

You might also want to know: How To Pick The Right Paint Sheen

Watch Our How-To Video

I hope these video will make your future painting decisions easier.

FINALLY:
Take your can(s) back to The Paint Pit at the store where you purchased paint.

Ask the Paint Associate to verify your color by placing a wet sample on the paint chip and drying.

If your dry color is not the same as the paint chip, ask your Paint Associate to try adjusting one or both cans until the color matches the color chip(s).

If these steps fail, then take your cans to the Service Desk and ask the Manager on Duty if it will be possible to return the cans and explain the difference from the color you ordered to the color in the can.

The Home Depot posts a very simple return policy near the front of every store.

Paraphrased, it says you may return any product for any reason for 90-days from the date of purchase.

Again, I'm sorry to learn of the problem with your paint.

I also want to personally thank you for shopping at The Home Depot.
Posted 2016-02-11T18:01:06+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
Well just spoke to someone in the paint dept and they can't/wont do anything. I get that I accepted it by buying it but come on y'all screwed up bad. Like not a little. Like really bad. That's pretty piss poor customer service. 
Posted 2016-02-11T18:01:28+0000  by SG1987
Hi SG1987 - We've notified Customer Care. Thank you.

Posted 2016-02-11T18:40:22+0000  by Liana_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+