Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

container geraniums

In the spring, I filled three containers on my patio with large healthy potted geraniums.  The containers are in full sun most of the day. Now that it is 100 degrees every day, they are barely alive.  I had this problem last year, so this   year I experimented and let one container get pretty dry before watering and one container got watered every day and one container I moved out of direct sun.  All three containers look alike. Is the heat just too much for them?  Should I just treat my potted geraniums like pansies and have them in the Spring and the Fall? If so, have you got any suggestions on what I could put on my patio to have blooming containers?  Thanks for any ideas.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-07-23T22:34:04+0000  by golfgirl golfgirl

Howdy Golfgirl,

Your experiment with the geraniums was a great idea since sometimes there a dozen questions to get one answer. As you might know, geraniums love sunlight and can handle plenty of it. As for the “barely alive” look of your geraniums, I would attribute this to lack of fertilizer or the need for “deadheading” which is needed for new blooms and vibrant look.

If you post some photos we can get you some better idea of what is going on.

Happy Gardening,

Coach Dave

Posted 2015-07-23T23:51:44+0000  by Dave_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+