Sign In to join the community | Help

cracked walls

I have cracks in my walls need to no how can I seal them before painting
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-03-07T17:51:33+0000  by book book
Welcome to our community Book! 

Thank you for your question. If these cracks are in drywall and are really deep and allowing water to come through,  you might want to consider replacing the drywall. If they are shallow, hairline cracks, you can use a filler appropriate for the material of your wall. 

If your wall is drywall, you can use joint compound to fill in the cracks. If they are deeper than 1/4", you should use drywall tape to cover the cracks first, then apply the joint compound. 

If your wall is concrete, you will want to use a concrete filler. If water is coming through the concrete, you will want to fill in the concrete with a hydraulic cement

If you have any more questions, please let us know! 

Posted 2015-03-09T13:29:10+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question