Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

darken or lighten paint

ok so i just purchased two cans of paint behr brand...both are flat finish one is ancient stone and the other is volcanic island...they looked light grey n black in the photo but were more white(ancient stone) and chocalate brown(volcanic island) i was wondering since the anicent stone is soo light if it can re tinted to a light grey and the volcanic island re tinted to a dark black

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-07-18T01:47:30+0000  by angmedina18 angmedina18

Welcome to our community Angmedina18! 

My name is Christine and I work in the paint department at The Home Depot in Atlanta. I have worked with many customers who have the same questions as you. 

It is possible for the paint associate to add more colorant to these colors to make them darker. It would be particularly helpful if you could find a paint chip that matches your goal color. Doing this will help the associate tremendously so he or she can know exactly what you have in mind. It may take a few tries to get it just right, but they will work with it as much as possible. Considering you want these colors, just a darker version, there shouldn't be any issues with adjusting the paint.

Let us know how everything turns out!

Christine  :smileyhappy:

Posted 2012-07-18T13:31:20+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL
Since some of the paint has been taken out of the can what is really important is to get all the paint you will need for this particular project... And mix all the cans into a 5 gallon bucket... That way it will be all the same. If the can HD makes is exactly what you want making another can 100% the same is never going to be te same and you may have to paint that whole wall corner to corner. When in doubt knock it out

Troll out :D
Posted 2012-08-05T22:06:27+0000  by FormerD24Troll

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+