Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

deck over for concrete

There have been a lot of negative reviews on Deck Over.  They all seem to be referring to wood decks.

I am considering this product for use on a concrete deck that has several smaller cracks.  Please let me know about your experience with this product on concrete.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-03-26T00:42:03+0000  by beachhouse beachhouse

Hi beachhouse, 

Deck Over requires two coats per the directions, I am sure a lot of the folks who have reported trouble did not bother with the second coat. This product should work great on concrete, just follow the proper preparation steps outlined below, cracks cannot be wider than 1/4 inch.

Concrete Surfaces: Avoid areas that are structurally weak or subject to hydrostatic pressure above 8 psi. Allow new surfaces to cure for 30 days.

Use Behr Premium No. 992 Concrete and Masonry Paint Stripper on previously painted concrete to strip peeling paint.

Use Behr Premium No. 991 Concrete and Masonry Cleaner & Echer to clean and etch uncoated concrete or No. 990 Concrete and Masonry Degreaser on sound coated surfaces prior to applying Behr Deck Over.

Mike

Posted 2018-03-26T18:27:48+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Thank you Mike.

My contractor sandblasted the entire patio. does he still have to use the Cleaner and Echer?
Posted 2018-03-29T02:22:39+0000  by beachhouse
Hi beachhouse,

If the concrete has been sand blasted, then use the Behr 990 Concrete and Masonry Cleaner/Degreaser before applying the DeckOver. Follow the directions on the container.

Mike
Posted 2018-03-29T17:11:51+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+