Sign In to join the community | Help
Outdoors

decking

i want have a 16 x 10 composite or wood deck built what can i expect to pay? no rails, one step, no i dont need someone to come out just a ballpark figure to see if i even want to spend the money. this is material and labor please
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-04-13T20:40:20+0000  by tracyso tracyso

Hi tracyso,

In our online design series, the one-click project pricing includes Do-It-Yourself Deck Designer.

Click the link and then select Deck Designer under the image in the upper left corner of the page.

Choose your store ... so pricing will be accurate.

And in step three you describe your deck and the materials will be applied.

APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE:
This tool was built for use with a particular internet browser and does not work unless your computer has this version of the software.

Hopefully, you'll have the required version ... otherwise, I've included a rough estimate below.

NOTE:
As a rule of thumb, materials cost will usually be approximately twenty-percent of the project and labor will be about eighty-percent.

Here is a quick summary of your material costs:

Composite decking - $1,200
or
Pressure Treated decking - $275

Deck Posts and Framing Boards - $225
Simpson Strong Ties - $125
Deck Screws - $90
Footings - $120
Semi-Transparent Deck stain - $125
This assumes you have power saw, drill to drive deck screws, level, post hole digger, etc.

So, choose either Composite and the related cost or Pressure Treated and the related cost.

Then include all of the other costs ... half the stain cost if you use composite decking since only the deck frame will need stain.

Once you've totaled the material costs, calculate labor.

Labor will cost approximately four times the materials cost.

And finally, you should add fifteen-percent to the overall estimated cost to allow for overage ... which is part of every project.

Hope this gives you a rough idea,

Pat InPaint

Posted 2016-04-13T21:30:09+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Hello tracyso and welcome to the community.

If you do not have the software Pat indicated, you can visit your local Home Depot.  A sales Associate at the Contractor sales desk should be able to plug your information into the deck design program and come up with drawings and material list. You will also be able to check out a variety of decking products to choose from.

Check your local store for the best times when a contractor sales associate will be available.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2016-04-14T12:46:26+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+