Sign In to join the community | Help
Bath & Faucets

design help with replacing a 102 inch bathroom vanity, can't find any this size?

I have a master bath that needs remodeling, basically everything new.  The existing vanity is 102 inches long from wall to wall.  I haven't found anything that matches that size exactly.  what are some ideas of replacing this if you can't find something long enough to fill the space?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-11-13T20:03:32+0000  by abunney abunney

If you can't find a 102" vanity and don't want to go custom, then use two smaller vanities and fill in any gaps will filler strips.  For example, two 48" vanities and three 2" filler strips.

Posted 2013-11-13T23:10:03+0000  by Adam444

Thanks Adam! I'm new to the whole renovation thing and am trying to be a "do it yourselfer".... are filler strips something I can find at my local home depot?

Posted 2013-11-13T23:27:59+0000  by abunney

Hello abunney and welcome to The Community!  We are glad that you are here.

I have a design suggestion to get you started: check out the MasterBath Configuration Tool and select your available cabinet space as “100” and above.”  There are 6 options available online to review.  You can print out the design that you like and take it to the Kitchen and Bath Department at your local Home Depot.  The Kitchen Designer can help you customize the features that you desire. Our semi-custom cabinetry lines also have design capabilities to create a new vanity to fit your space. Be sure to locate your plumbing and electrical connections before making your final selection.

Please keep us posted on your progress and best wishes on your project.

Eileen script.png

Posted 2013-11-19T16:02:09+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

If you are replacing a bad exhaust fan, pay careful attention of how the "electrical connection" is connected.  I suggest taking pictures of the wiring connection via a camera for reference when you finally have the new part.  I had to disconnect my defective exhaust fan above our Oven.  I had to take the fan into Depot.  They didn't have for it was a Sears type exhaust motor.  Called Sears, ordered, and some days later it arrived at the door.  I hooked all back up as I had remembered.  After reassembly of all I ran the exhaust fan, but it was much louder.  It exhaust much better and is a better set-up.  But I disassembled a week later to double check everything.  A fire hole was evident next to a wire connected to the 'mentioned' electrical connection.  Dam!  I could have burned the kitchen up

Posted 2013-11-25T16:15:20+0000  by mtk

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+