Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Answered

is there anyway to e-mail someone or to let them know their question has been answered? I looked at options but it will not allow you to click on anything so thought a person could send a private e-mail

I see a moderator on here and was going to e-mail her but found no way to do it

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-02-28T19:55:22+0000  by Doc1 Doc1

Hello Doc1, sorry for the confusion, my bad!

When a member is a "Foundation" on the Community, they do not have the capability to PM someone. That is a function that is added as a member ranks up.

Best Answer

Posted 2011-02-28T20:46:41+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Thanks Tangelo,for the reply. I have tried that and even just clicked your but it will not let me click on it or even show a private e-mail. I have treied several .Am I doing something wrong ?

Posted 2011-02-28T20:27:54+0000  by Doc1

will add this ,I can see over to the side where it says add as friend or ignore but above it there is no send private e-mail

Thanks again for the reply

Posted 2011-02-28T20:32:32+0000  by Doc1

Hey Doc1, the ablility to send private messages comes as you rank up in the community. When sending a private message the recipient will still have to log into the community to read it (it will not be forwarded to an external email address). 

However users can choose to subscribe to threads that they post in, so when someone responds they recieve a notification on an external email address. This is availible under "My Settings".

Sorry about the confusion Doc1, I hope this helps clear things up, and thank you for participating in our community. 

-Blake

Posted 2011-02-28T20:48:34+0000  by BlakeTheDiyGuy

Sorry Blake it would not let me accept both solutions I do appreciate the reply as that tells me exactly why thanks

Posted 2011-02-28T21:05:33+0000  by Doc1

Hi Doc,

I would suggest that you "Tag" some content in the community.  You may find over time that it will begin the ranking up process.  I made you my friend on the Community, so when you reach a higher rank, there will be an email in your inbox waiting for you.

Welcome to the Community:smileyhappy:

Posted 2011-03-01T16:53:11+0000  by Fletch

thanks Fletch will try that.  I am not to savy with tags but will work on how to use them in a post  thanks again

Posted 2011-03-01T18:24:04+0000  by Doc1

Hey Doc1.  Yeah, what’s this tagging thing all about?

Well, you will notice at the bottom of every post it will say “Add Tag…”

The purpose of tags is to help identify a post as relevant to the community search engine.  If you are at the Home page, there is a search box you can use to type in key words about the topic you want to research.

This search function looks both for tags that have been placed on the community, and also whether the search topic appears within the title/body of any post.

As with any search, sometimes the results are spot-on, sometimes not so much.  If you search “tag”, one result will be a post that discusses plant tags.  Another talks about labeling (tagging) wires to help remember where they go. 

A third search result shows a post by HomeDepotSarah about member ranks:  http://community.homedepot.com/t5/Get-Started/How-it-Works/td-p/36

This is not the purpose for tags, but does give a hint about the reward...

Once you type in a search request and hit return, you are taken to a page where you can quickly zoom in on a post that looks interesting.

This is why we encourage members to tag, especially when there may be a topic name and discussion that does not mention all key ideas in the title/body.

Look at the first post in this thread.  Friend, PM and private-message are tags like this.

I find that as this community grows I am using this search function more and more.  It keeps me from having to “reinvent the wheel”.

I hope this helps,

Newf

Posted 2011-03-01T20:11:42+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+