Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

electrifying a chandelier

I've got a really nice wrought iron chandelier that is for candles.
I put battery-powered candles in and it looks great - the only problem is that the light isn't bright enough to eat by.
So I'd like help to electrify it, and I wondered if you can get electric lights that look like candles, but are brighter than the battery-powered ones I have now.

Thanks,

Rose

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-09-10T18:44:58+0000  by songofeire songofeire

Hello songofeire!

Absolutely, you can use Flicker Flame Bulbs and wire the chandelier with the appropriate sockets.

Flicker Flame Bulb.jpg

Posted 2013-09-10T19:05:28+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

I know about those, and I guess I should have been more specific. I'm talking about 4" tall pillar candles.

Thanks,

Rose

Posted 2013-09-10T20:38:12+0000  by songofeire

Hey Rose,

Pat isn't in today but I thought I'd chime in for your chandelier.

His bulbs that he showed for you are really the only ones for illumination that are operated via electricity.

To successfully make your chandelier to be converted for actual light bulbs powered by AC house current, refer to the image below to make it a plug in fixture. Click on the image and it will give you more information.

How to Convert a Chandelier Into a Plug-In.JPG

Typically, battery powered candles are made for ambient and not task lighting. Therefore, the other candles we sell online are going to have low lumens and won't give you an improved lighting situation.

Only using light bulbs that  are powered from your home's current will give you adequate lighting.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2013-09-11T16:42:47+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Absolutely songofeire!

Hey! You've gotta love Joseph's diagram.

Referencing that image, you'll see the faux candlesticks with the bulbs mounted on top.

When rewiring the fixture, you simply mount the candelabra sockets on a 3.5-inch post and the 4-inch faux candlesticks slip over both the post and socket to create the appearance you describe.

Take a moment to look closely at similar lights on display at The Store.

You'll see that this is the exact way most manufacturers create the appearance of candlesticks.

Posted 2013-09-12T12:58:18+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+