Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

flooring time

how long does it take to install laminate flooring and is it easy to install if you are a beginner.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-04-22T08:41:54+0000  by bobby0035 bobby0035

Certainly the size of the room is a factor but more importantly, it's the layout of the room that adds to the complexity of the project.  Laying the field goes pretty quickly but it's undercutting door jambs, transitions, and things like closets or cabinets that will slow you down.  You'll also have to either pull the existing baseboard and move it up (or replace it entirely) or install shoe moulding to cover the expansion gap.  For the average size room, I would expect it to take a full day maybe a little longer depending on your skill level and tools you have available.

As an aside, I find it much easier to paint moulding off the wall.  It can be put on stands and finished at a comfortable height rather than painting around the room on my knees.  Then I just go back filling nail holes and touching up the paint as necessary.

Good luck with your project and let us know if you have any more questions.
Posted 2016-04-22T09:38:01+0000  by Adam444
Hello bobby0035.  Welcome to the Community!

I just wanted to add that you do need to plan ahead for the delivery of your new flooring.  The new flooring cases need at least 48 hours inside the home, in or near it's new location, to acclimate to the temperature and humidity levels before you begin installation.

Chris.

Posted 2016-04-22T14:48:37+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+