Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

flower guarantee

what is your guarantee on flowers bought there? My HD is always reluctant to honor flower guarantees, even with the receipt.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-04-23T16:19:36+0000  by lisaabacon lisaabacon

Hi Lisaabacon,

Live Plants:
The Home Depot unconditionally guarantees all tropical, house, and landscape plants (only perennials, trees, and shrubs) for one year. A perennial is a plant that is expected to live for more than two years. However, an annual is not expected to live more than one year. If your plant dies just bring it and your original receipt to a Home Depot store and we will replace it or issue a refund in accordance with the terms of the refund policy.You MUST have the original receipt to get a refund or store credit. If the plant is no longer available at store location or through a product search, a store credit will be issued.

Email me at robert_care@homedepot.com with the store you visited and I will help you out.

Thanks,

Robert

HD Customer Care

Posted 2013-04-26T17:46:47+0000  by THDCustomerCare
Same thing happened to me today.  Wondered if the 1 year guarantee was really going to be honored and it was not.  Buy 100's of $ of plants and so last year kept the pots and receipts.  Went to HD in Hawthorne today with four plants that died along with the original pots.  Staff initially told me I could not get a refund because I bought them at a different store and their store did not have the SKU in their system and I would need to go to the other store which is 40 miles away.  Told them that was crazy, I had the receipts and this is a national business that states they give this guarantee.  Staff then tried to help by finding like plants they had but as perennials are currently on sale the credit came up as half what I paid  They then had to get a manager (Edgar) who then told me they could not give any credit and that I had to go to the other store.  I told him this was unreasonable and not stated anywhere on this guarantee and that I would like to see the store manager because this effectively denying me the refund.  Edgar told the staff to page another manager and just walked away.  I try so hard to love HD but they just don't know how to give good service.  I would have spent more than my credit today.  Instead I conclude the same as other on the Internet, the guarantee is bogus and i walked away buying nothing.   
Posted 2015-09-08T05:32:33+0000  by MSE

Hi MSE,

I am extremely sorry to hear that you too have experienced troubles with a return relating to our plant policy.  I would be more than happy to help you out with this.  Please email me directly at Robert_care@homedepot.com with your receipt information and your full contact details.  Thanks in advance, I look forward to your reply.

Robert

HD Customer Care

Posted 2015-09-08T16:05:02+0000  by THDCustomerCare
Hello,

Does this include all plants that are grown for food like, vegetables, herbs, fruits?

Thanks
Ben
Posted 2016-05-19T23:37:57+0000  by bhl
Hi,

I would like to share the two experiences I encountered on 03/29/2017 in Shawnee, KS.  Back in April 2016, I purchased several perennials from both Lowes and Home Depot asking several questions about their return policies.  Both stores explained they had a 1 year money back warranty on the perennials I was purchasing.  I specifically asked about money back vs. store credit and was told by both stores, money back….They only reason I asked this question was most stores only offer store credit after a certain period of time and the 1 year warranty seemed too good to be true…

As fate would have it, some of these perennials died and the 1 year warranty would be put to test.

My first trip was to Lowes.  I went to the return desk and had absolutely no problems.  I provided the original receipt, received a full refund to my original form of payment which was a credit card, refund went exactly as described. 

My second trip was to Home Depot located directly across the street.  I provided the original receipt and the customer service agent had a tough time figuring out how to process my return.  After making several trips around the corner to ask for help, she was finally able to pull something up on her computer and told me I could only receive store credit.  I politely explained that I wanted a refund on my original form of payment which was a credit card and she said she did not know how to process that request. 

Hopefully, this issue can be resolved and I can receive a full refund back to my original form of payment.  I will update my post after waiting to be contacted by Home Depot Customer Service Online. 

Posted 2017-03-30T13:01:35+0000  by Ramiusi

Last december, I purchased a bunch of trees from the Fairfield Connecticut store. Unfortunately the two blue spruce trees, 1 of the 3 golden arborvitae, and the 1 juniper tree don't look like they are doing well. The two Colorado blue spruce bushes apparantly picked up a disease called rhizosphaera which is a fungal disease that causes the needles to fall off and eventually will prevent all new growth and kill the tree. Half of the juniper is dry and  it lost its beautiful appeal. For some reason, one of the arbophite I bought  is completely dry... Maybe because it was in contact with the spruces? Anyways it took a lot of effort just to go pick up these plants, as I don't personally own a trucks, then I obviously planted them in the ground and shaped my entire landscape around them. I am a very loyal home depot customer who has spent thousands of dollars over the past several years, as I own two rental multi families as well as my own homes. I am not asking for my money back. I am however wondering if home depot would replace the trees? I bought them with the intention of building my landscape around them for years to come, but with these trees clearly having a serious issue and with me not being a veteran gardener, I don't think they are going to make it. I can provide all my receipts and pictures of the trees in question. Is there anything you can do to help?

Thank you,

Loyal home depot customer
Posted 2017-05-06T05:41:04+0000  by Jag04025

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+