Sign In to join the community | Help
Doors & Windows

front door

I am looking at buying a new front door.  What does it mean by no brick moulding? What do I need to buy for a new door frame? I was looking at  model # 85526. 36X80  with deadbolt & door knob package (249.94) Left inswing.  I need new jams and threshold.  Also weather maintenance around the door too.   And what would be the cost for someone to put it in for me.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-07-25T19:25:49+0000  by Dru Dru

Hi Dru, welcome top the community. This door comes with a frame, hinges, aluminum sill and weather stripping. If your current threshold is in good condition you will not need a new one. 

This door comes ready to install. As far as brick mold, it's an exterior trim piece that is used around the outside of doors that transitions the edge of the door to the outside of the house or building. This trim piece is made from wood, vinyl and composite material. 

For the cost of an install, you will need to visit your local Home Depot and get pricing. You can also ask them to show what brick mold looks like. You can also see options for a new threshold is you need one. If you have more questions, come back to the community. 

Posted 2016-07-25T21:51:26+0000  by Ken_HD_OC
Hello Dru, welcome to the community!

When you purchase a pre-hung door, the frame or also referred as a jamb, comes with a metal threshold attached to the bottom of the frame, this change out would be complete, none of the old door components would be re-used, except for the locks.

Ken was correct about the labor, the cost you would pay for labor differs on the location of the store, for example, the prices for door install would different in the Chicago area versus an install in California. 

Thanks for posting!
Posted 2016-07-26T18:48:44+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question