Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

hampton bay blade arm

I am not sure the model # - where would I find it on the fan?  I have the broken blade arm, and the part says #2011-008-VAR.  It is a 4 blade fan.  The arm measures 2 1/4" hole to hole across the top where the arm attaches the to blade, the same from top to center blade attachment hole, and 3" between the base holes.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-10-07T12:34:29+0000  by davsong davsong

Hello davsong and welcome to The Community!  We are glad that you are here.

I am sorry to hear about your ceiling fan’s broken arm.  You are correct: we will need to identify the fan before we can get a new blade.  There are several ways to identify the fan.  The easiest way is to obtain the 6 digit SKU (all numbers) found on the top of the box or possibly on your sales receipt.  If you do not have the original packaging, then you can locate the 12 digit UPC code (all numbers – no letters) on the top of the motor housing.  This will identify the exact manufacturer and model of the fan.   Alternatively, you can send a photo of the ceiling fan with the other 3 blades so we can do a visual identification.

Contact the Hampton Bay Customer Service team directly at 1-877-527-0313 (option 2) with these numbers and they can assist you in obtaining a replacement blade. 

Safety note: operating the ceiling fan without all the blades or with a broken blade will cause the fan to wobble and spin unevenly.  For your safety, it is recommended that you do not operate the ceiling fan until the blade is replaced. 

Best wishes and thank you for joining our discussions.

Posted 2011-10-07T14:01:27+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Hi DesigningWoman,

I'm in a similar situation with a broken Hampton Bay fan arm. I don't have the receipt or box and unfortunately found there are no identification numbers anywhere (stickers or engravings) after I removed the fan from the ceiling.  :smileyfrustrated:

I've tried the 877 number and emailed images to a representative for identification, but the representative couldn't identify the fan that I'm uploading here:

fan2.JPG

I'm curious if there's maybe a backcatalog of fans to view online?   It's been an excellent fan and goes well with our color scheme but I would hate to throw out a perfectly functioning fan motor and light (not to mention spend a few hundred for a similar replacement). Since I'm a little more fixated on this, I feel I would do a little more thorough research on the topic than the representative I spoke with.

On a related note, does the Home Depot offer any 3D printers that could produce a replacement?

Thank you for any advice. I'm attaching a couple more photos in case someone in the forum happens to run across this post and knows what type of Hampton Bay fan it is (or better yet, recommend a compatible arm blade!):

An intact blade arm:

fan1.JPG

The broken blade arm on the underside:

fan3.JPG

Posted 2013-01-07T01:09:38+0000  by newsted

Hello newsted and welcome to The Community!  We are glad that you are here. 

The photos were fabulous!  It has taken several days of research but we have identified the ceiling fan as a Hampton Bay “Cameron.”  The SKU is 268-784 and the UPC is 082392-361501.  You can purchase blade arms through King of Fans by calling 1-800-330-3267 directly and placing an order. 

Best wishes on your project. 

Posted 2013-01-15T18:08:10+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL
I have pictures of the blade arm I'm looking for but don't see how to load them so you can view. Dan
Posted 2013-08-05T01:05:03+0000  by dvoorhees

Hello Dan and welcome to The Community!  We are glad that you are here. 

Check out the post How to Post a Photo of your Problem, Project or Products! for more information on uploading your photos to the forums. 

We look forward to helping you identify your blade arm.  

Posted 2013-08-13T17:59:07+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+