Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

hampton bay ceiling fan light not working

Hi-

my hampton bay celing fan light stopped working. at first it would intermittently turn on and off and now does not turn on at all. I switched out the fluroescent bulb but still does not turn on. Please help with suggestions-

UPC # 082392111168

Thanks

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-05T22:38:48+0000  by bluhisurf bluhisurf

How is the lamp controlled - pull chain on the fixture, wall switch, dimmer, remote?

The lamp you replaced the old one with, you're sure it works (I know it's a silly question but one that needs to be asked).  Without knowing any more about the fan, at the bottom of the bulb socket is a little metal tab that makes contact with the bottom of the bulb.  Sometimes those little tabs get bent down and don't make good contract.  With the power OFF take a small screw driver or straighten a heavy duty paper clip and bend a little L at one end (the short part of the L should be 1/4".  Then pry/pull that tab up a little bit.  Try the bulb again.

Posted 2014-01-05T23:22:29+0000  by Adam444

Hi, Bluhisurf.

Apologies for the problem with the fan but this sounds like it could be a light kit or reciever issue, which can be resolved easily.
Also, thank you for locating the UPC for us!

Please just give our tech support/parts line at 800-330-3267 with your UPC on hand, and they can troubleshoot and order any parts as needed.

Thank you very much!

- Nicki

Posted 2014-01-06T15:24:32+0000  by THDCustomerCare

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+