Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

hampton bay ceiling fan uc7083t remote doesnt work

replaced batteries in remote still doesnt  work. the fan  and  light work using the wall switch . how do i fix?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-07-28T22:56:38+0000  by tp16 tp16

Hello tp16 and welcome to The Community!  Thank you for joining the discussions.

There may be several reasons why the remote does not work.  Did the remote come with the original ceiling fan or is it a universal remote? 

Press the buttons on the remote to see if the red light comes on (for units that respond like a television remote) or the LED screen lights up (for remotes that have that feature).  This will indicate if there is remote control activity. 

• If the remote lights up, then it may not be properly communicating with the receiver. 
  • If the remote shows no activity, replace with fresh batteries in the proper orientation and again push the remote buttons.  If there still is no activity, the remote control may be the problem. 

I believe the “uc7083t” is from the remote control device.  To better solve this problem, I will need some information about the ceiling fan.  Can you locate the sticker on top of the motor housing with a 12 digit UPC code (all numbers – no letters)?   The UPC code can also be found in the operator manual or possibly you may have the SKU from the packaging.  One of these 3 sources will help us identify the model number and manufacturer to get more definitive answers about the remote.

I look forward to helping you solve this problem and getting the remote back in working order.

Best wishes,

dw26.png

Posted 2011-07-29T17:15:22+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

hampton bay ceiling fan model # 000692....remote lights up but has no effect on fan....will not communicate.

looking for suggestions

Posted 2011-12-03T05:14:15+0000  by drherm

Hello drherm and welcome to The Community!  We are glad that you are here. 

I am sorry to hear that the ceiling fan is not communicating with the remote.  We will first need to identify your ceiling fan.  Locate the 12 UPC numbers found on the sticker on top of the motor housing.  If you have two (2) or more stickers on the top of the motor housing, select the one with all numbers (no letters).    This will provide us with the exact model and manufacturer of the fan.  Contact the Hampton Bay team directly at 1-877-527-0313 (option 2) for diagnosis and resolution.

Best wishes and thank you for joining our discussions.

DW wexram.png

Posted 2011-12-06T14:16:01+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+