Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

hanging a 51"tv

how do i go about hanging a tv over a fireplace? it has no shelf or mannal above it. is it ok to drill into the firewall above the fireplace, to hang the tv bracket.and is there any concern of heat from the wall, that may harm tv.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-01-06T18:51:23+0000  by wesley wesley

Hello wesley,

Thanks for joining us here on the community! 

You can drill into the firewall above the fireplace. A close relative of mine installed their flat screen TV above the fireplace safely and securely. They have had no problems with their TV in the years it has been on the fireplace.

The key is to read the manufacturers instructions and see exactly what distance would be safe to install it. Since there are different makers of flat screen TV's, contacting them directly or seeing their instructions will greatly assist you in finding out what it takes to successfully putting it over a fireplace.

Most fireplaces have a deflector or mantle that can take the heat away from the firewall itself. As you stated, if you don't have this, installing one would help the transfer of the heat above the fireplace.

As for the mounting system itself, we carry a wide selection of TV mounts online and in our store. One we carry I like is shown below and comes with the hardware needed to install it into most walls. 

Space Saver Tilting Wall Mount for 26-65 in. Flat Panel TVs

Let us know your progress on your installation. And if there is any further questions or comments you have, please contact us here.

Regards,

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2013-01-07T20:49:50+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+