Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

how can I change the blades on my Hampton Bay fan

I have a Hampton Bay fan that was in my house when I bought the house 4 year ago so I have no information about it. How can I change the fan blades?  One of the screws is directly under the motor housing and unreachable.  I read about a locking mechanism and how to work it but unless I grow a third hand I can't hold the mechanism down, push in on the blade, and keep the fan from swinging too far sideways.  Is there some special tool needed?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-08-24T16:13:24+0000  by Decaluwe Decaluwe

You need to remove the blade arm (that's the metal piece the blade attaches to) from the fan itself.  Generally they're held on with two screws.  The blade and arm will drop down giving you access to the screws.
Posted 2015-08-24T23:52:09+0000  by Adam444
Hello Decaluwe.  Welcome to the Community!

For most fans I've seen you will have to remove the light kit, (or decorative cover if no light kit is there), in order to gain access to the blade arms.  Then, as Adam said, you can drop the arms and then have access to the blade screws.

Chris.

Posted 2015-08-25T19:02:35+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI
Hi Decaluwe,

Recently, we produced a video: How To Install A Ceiling Fan.

Although I speak to Store Associates in the video, you should be able to fast forward to see the blade installation.

Your task is to simply reverse the process from that point to remove the blades.

Pat InPaint
Posted 2015-09-03T19:49:19+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+