Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

how can I hang a 4x5 mirror

how can I hang a 4x5 mirror

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-10-19T16:48:40+0000  by Margot Margot

Hey Margot,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

There are actually various ways to hang your mirror; it will all depend on how it is built now. For example, if you have a frame or a wood backing to it, you can use clips and hanging wire to fasten to it to the wall.

One brand that is great for this is OOK. Knowing the precise weight will also assist you; as most fasteners only go up to a certain weight they can hold. Equally as important is making sure anything you use to hang the mirror will go directly into the studs in the wall for support.

Several hanging pieces are shown below. Click on them for more information.

100 lb. Professional Picture Hanger9 ft. 100 lb. Stainless Steel Hanging Wire

Another option is that if you have a frame, you can simply use fasteners to hang it on the wall. These can mean anything from screws to nails. Just like the framing clips, fastening as much (if not all) into the studs will guarantee the installation will work.

A last option would be to use an adhesive to permanently hold the mirror on the wall. Only use an adhesive, or mastic, rated for mirrors. Some out there not rated for mirrors can take off the back reflective portion of the mirrow.

You'd use the mastic with a caulk gun or in a container, and have duct tape temporarily holding up the mirror, alongside a brace (like a 2 x 4).

These are the most common ways to hang a mirror. If you have any addtional questions, please let me know.

Keep us posted on your progress,

Joseph

Posted 2013-10-19T17:51:56+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+