Sign In to join the community | Help
Building Materials

how do I attach an aluminum patio awning to a brick wall and concrete slab?

I have a back deck/porch that is basically an elevated concrete slab with no covering. I want to attach an aluminum awning and the slab is about 10 ft. 6 in. wide and about 7 ft out from the wall. The wall is brick. My question is can I order a custom size awning that size and how would I attach the awning to the brick wall and the supports to the concrete slab?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-01T19:30:06+0000  by megatron81 megatron81

Hello megatron81 and welcome to the community!

Attaching the awning to the brick wall & the concrete floor is easy. Depending where you are located, different parts of the USA carry different things or may not carry some items at all.  First thing, stop in or call your nearest Home Depot and ask for the Doors & Windows department. Speak to the associate there and ask if they can special order an awning to your dimensions. 

If they can order it, the associate will have you choose a color & style. They can also contact the manufacture & find out how many anchors are needed to secure the awning safely. The awning may come with the anchors, or you may have to supply them, the store associate will assist you with that as well. 

Posted 2013-08-01T20:16:46+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+