Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

how do I measure to size a ceiling fan blade and arm plus screws

how do i size for a correct ceiling fan blade, arm, and screws...

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-07-27T02:25:00+0000  by bear1234 bear1234

Hey bear1234,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the community!

Most, but not all, ceiling fans sold today are in 52 inch or 42 inch sizes. This goes for the blade and arms.

Most replacement 52" blades are around 20.5" inches in length. Reason why is that when the blades and fan are installed, the 52" are the final width of the fixture. It's like measuring the wingspan of a bird, the body is included.

As for the smaller 42" size, these blades are typically is 16.5" in length.

We carry both sizes in stock at your local Home Depot, as well as the replacement brackets. Note that these parts are for the more traditional blades that can be easily removed. Any newer fixtures or ones that don't match what you have will need to be ordered directly from the fan's manufacturer.

One replacement blade system we sell is sold below. Click on it for more information.

Westinghouse Oak/Walnut Reversible Fan Blades (5-Pack)

The absolute best way for you to find a replacement blade and arm is for you to take it down to your nearest Home Depot for comparison. Once you do this, you can get the right parts for your fan.

Lastly, the screws are fairly standard regardless of size. We carry fan blade as well as bracket to motor screws as well.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2013-07-31T13:10:49+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+