Sign In to join the community | Help
Kitchen

how do I remove the quick connect device on Galcier Bay pull out kitchen faucet Model 441420005

how do I remove the quick connect device on Galcier Bay pull out kitchen faucet Model 441420005

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-27T17:50:41+0000  by innkeeper.ax1300 innkeeper.ax1300

The connector is located under the sink just below the main faucet.  It will be the one in the middle that forms a "U" shape (going back up into the handle.

faucet.JPG

Push quick connector housing firmly upward until unable to push any further in the meantime you will hear a clear “ CLICK” sound.

Pull down on quick connect housing. If you cannot pull off, the quick connector is secure.

If you want to pull off the quick connector, push quick connector housing upward, then press the clip and housing together to pull down at the same time.

Posted 2014-01-27T18:57:17+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL

My quick connect is different. The hose for the handheld sprayer threads into the quick connect.  The quick connect is installed on the copper line. It must be removed so I can remove the threaded lock ring. Once both of these are removed, I can install and reassemble

Posted 2014-01-27T19:30:24+0000  by innkeeper.ax1300

Wow - not much of "quick connect" huh.:smileyfrustrated:

I checked on the Glacier Bay help desk to see if there was a similar question that was answered and didn't find anything. Also, I can't seem to find an image of that specific model...

Try and see if there is a tab on the side of the plastic connector that can be pulled out. some of the older QC had this as a first step.

All I can offer is the possibility that it may not actually be a "quick connect" and may have to be removed old school.  

Here is a special faucet wrench that should make things a lot easier for you.

I apologize for being stumped.

Posted 2014-01-27T20:42:51+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+