Sign In to join the community | Help
Kitchen

how do I upgrade old kitchen existing cabinets are excellent cond. want to replace existing exhaust

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-07-03T02:06:08+0000  by Brianna Brianna

Hi Brianna,

Thank you for your question and welcome back to our community. 

I just replaced my old cabinets that were an upgrade from the original cabinets installed when the house was built back in the early 1950’s.  This time I completely gutted my kitchen down to the bare walls and replaced my 1970’s cabinets with brand new ones.  

If your cabinets are in good shape, you might consider refinishing them or just sanding and painting them.  Sometimes just replacing the hardware and cleaning off the surface of the cabinets can give them a remarkable facelift.  

When you say that you want to replace the existing exhaust, do you mean that you want to replace your current exhaust hood or do you meant the ducting?  Were you planning on keeping the exhaust in the same area or moving it?  Replacement of the hood and ducting is not a difficult project but it may require a trip to the attic to access the ducting.  I just replaced the ducting in my attic.  It can be a rather dusty job and is best done in the cool hours of the morning as it can get very hot and uncomfortable up there in the afternoon.

Please provide us with some additional details so that we can better assist you with your project.

Be sure to take some before, during and after pictures of your cabinet project and share them with the rest of the community in our Project Library under “I Did This”.

Posted 2013-07-19T17:44:34+0000  by Rick_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+