Sign In to join the community | Help
Outdoors

how do i change the tire on my cub cadet riding lawnmower?

how do i change the tire on my cub cadet riding lawnmower?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-28T17:25:38+0000  by cwestwood79 cwestwood79

HUBCAP REMOVAL  
To remove the front wheel the flexible center hub cap must first be removed .  Using a flat-bladed screw driver, or similar flat-edged tool, gently pry up on the outer lip (edge) of the hub cap until it becomes free. 

To re-install the hub cap, center it on the washer and gently tap on it with a rubber hammer until it securely "seats" on the washer.

NOTE: The cap is held in place by molded-in internal extrusions that snap over a large round flat washer underneath. Use care in removal of this molded cap, as too aggressive of prying may damage the molded inner extrusion and damage the hub cap. If the hub cap is damaged during removal a new replacement cap will be needed for re-assembly.

WHEEL ASSEMBLY REMOVAL:
Before attempting to remove the wheel assembly from the axle shaft secure the tractor so it will not roll by placing angled wheel chocks in front and behind each of the REAR wheels.
Elevate the front axle on the side nearest the tire to be replaced. After removing the hubcap (ref. Hubcap Removalabove), remove the cotter pin and flat washer securing the wheel to the axle. The wheel assembly should now slide off the axle. Apply a light coating of grease to the axle shaft and re-assemble parts in reverse order 
Posted 2013-08-29T09:44:33+0000  by r0ckstar

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+