Sign In to join the community | Help
Building Materials

how do i put up a new metal roof? what all materials do i need?

i recently just bought a bunch of corragated metal roofing and I have no idea as to how to put it up over my old regular roof to my porch. any ideas and list of ALL materials I am going to need to do this hard but very well needed job??/ i appreciate yur concern and help and advice.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-17T21:02:58+0000  by hulababy31 hulababy31

Hello hulababy31 and welcome to the Community.

In order to address your inquiry about installing corrugated metal panels over an existing fiberglass shingled roof I have included the following link to the Semco Southeastern Metals detailed manual.  Within this manual are installation instructions and material specifications. 

Building codes for metal roofing vary by county and project.  Contact your local building code organization before you get started.

Depending on your location you may be able to purchase additional components by contacting the contractor’s service desk at your local Home Depot.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-8-ft-Galvanized-Steel-Corrugated-Roof-Panel-13513/202092961

Thank you for your inquiry.

Charlotte

__________________________________________________________________________________

I am a Home Depot Associate trained and authorized to help people on the internet.

Posted 2014-01-23T15:05:45+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+