Sign In to join the community | Help
Building Materials

how to build a clubhouse

Can you please tell what materials i need to purchase for a 8 feet, 10x10 clubhouse for children in the backyard? I would like it to be able to withstand all types of weather.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-17T18:15:00+0000  by georgetta georgetta

Hello georgetta,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Before we get started on your project, I'll need to ask you more questions before we get started. Since there are so many factors to consider via materials, these questions are important so we can get you right materials for your clubhouse.

• in terms of the overall appearance, would this look like a house with windows?
  • what type of material would you prefer for the exterior portions? Siding, wood, etc...
  • What type of floor would you be needing, or one at all?
  • Would this be one room or more?
  • Would the roof be made of shingles, just like a house?
  • Would you be running electrical wire for switches and lights out there?

Let us know the answer to these questions I posted, and we can get you a better solution instead of just guesstimates.

Lastly, we have a great thread on building a treehouse and shed on a post that can be found here. I realize you want a clubhouse and not a treehouse, the post nonetheless has great information in it.

Keep us updated on your progress, and I hope to hear from you soon,

Joseph

Posted 2013-05-18T21:31:29+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Building a 10 x 10 clubhouse for grandkids. I already have a concrete slab that measures 10 x 10. Was going to start with 4-2x6x10 treated base. and go from there. I would like 0ne window a a door and some storage in an attic? There is electric at location from a spa that I sold.I would like to use a vinyl floor.

Posted 2014-01-20T15:26:23+0000  by garyhsr

Hey garyhsr,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Upon reading your post, I couldn't see if you asking a question or making a statement regarding building the 10x10 clubhouse for your grandkids.

At least with the electrical, the spa has more volts and amps that what is typically needed for basic lights and receptacles for the new clubhouse. You'd more than likely need to run new smaller wires but can keep any underground conduit feeding it.

Did you need specific installation instructions for everything, or just certain things like the flooring or windows? Let me know, and we can go further from there.

Cheers,

Joseph

Posted 2014-01-22T13:12:52+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+