Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

how to install glass backsplash around outlets

how can I install my glass subway backsplash tiles around electrical backsplash?  I purchased them at Home Depot in sheets not individual tiles..  I can cut some from the net backing and install individuallly

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-02T15:53:45+0000  by LindaRA1 LindaRA1

Hi there LindaRA1,

Thanks for joining our community!~

You'd do exactly that, cut them. Depending on how your layout goes and how wide of a receptacle you have, you can either get away with just cutting through the mosaic sheet and removing the tiles that way, or you may need to trim them down a bit. If you do, a pair of tile nippers will come in handy for making small cuts to the tile to make room for the box. Also, depending on the depth of the tile you're installing, you may need to use a box extender so that your switch is still usable and not hidden back behind the tile.

Don't fret too much about having the tiles perfectly cut and aligned to the box, as often times your decorative plate will cover up the rough and uneven edges and keep them from sight = )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Be sure to Subscribe to your posts!~ Look for the [Options] drop down at the top right of your post and select [Subscribe] from the list to stay alert to new activity or replies to your questions. = )

Also, if this answer was helpful to you or solved your problem, please hit the Accept As Solution button to let us know!~
Posted 2013-05-09T21:00:48+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+