Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

how to make a small wall Vanity W/ Mirror for a bedroom

HI i was wondering if anyone now how to make a small vanity with a mirror for my bedroom.

i have a small bedroom and my family hog the bathroom so i thought to myself why not make my own space ? only problem is i only have space on the wall .....

and no idea how to even start ....

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-11-14T01:34:04+0000  by TassjaAnn TassjaAnn

Greetings TassjaAnn,

Welcome to the Home Depot on-line community!

Finding space is always a challenge, especially with a big family!  If your family is dealing  with one bathroom,  not only is your space limited……. I am sure that time in there is also monitored, and limited as well!

I can totally relate to your situation, I grew up in Boston in a five room flat, one bath and five family members that all needed to get into the bathroom at the same time in the morning…..believe me, I know how you are feeling!

I shared a bedroom with my older sister so I had a tiny corner to call my own. I wish I had thought like you…. and created my own vanity space.

My suggestion to you is grab a little wall space to call your own!

tiny shelf.pngMed cab.png

Stop by your local Home Depot, check out the surface mount medicine cabinets and a wall mount single shelf! 

This combination will afford you storage space for toiletries inside the cabinet, with a mirror…and the shelf below will give you space for a brush, comb, your favorite photo….and add a hook for a hair dryer to swing on.

• Is there wall space by an electrical outlet?
  • Do you know where the studs are in the wall?
  • Do you have access to a drill?
  • Do you have a budget?
  • Does your local Home Depot have a tool rental?

When you are at your local Home Depot stop by the bath/kitchen design desk, there will be an in store associate that will show you the medicine cabinets that are in your budget. The one I chose is the least expensive and the lightest for mounting!

The shelf I chose is unfinished and it costs way under twenty dollars, and you can paint it any color you like.   The paint samples cost about three dollars and you can get any color made that  you desire…this can be so much fun!

One more thing that you may want to put on your new shelf is a clock…..so you can see how much time you are saving by getting ready in your own space!

Bravo to you for asking for help!!! 

Please…… if you can take some pictures, I would love to help you more with your project!  Before and after photos would be great too!

I hope this helps to get you started, and gets your creative juices flowing!  Just keep asking we are here to help!

Make space happen!!     Maureen

Posted 2013-11-19T18:16:43+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+