Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

how to paint a headboard

how do i paint a headboard

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-10T04:53:54+0000  by mariemorel mariemorel

Hi there mariemorel,

Thanks for joining our community!~

Is there a unique element to the headboard in which the painting would get rather specific?

If not, I've usually just addressed headboards as I would most any other paintable surface. If you're looking for a sleek, smooth surface then use a foam roller and a higher sheen paint like a Satin enamel. 

If you like a bit more texture then use a texture or 3/8" nap roller and a low sheen paint such as a Flat or Eggshell.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Be sure to Subscribe to your posts!~ Look for the [Options] drop down at the top right of your post and select [Subscribe] from the list to stay alert to new activity or replies to your questions. = )

Also, if this answer was helpful to you or solved your problem, please hit the Accept As Solution button to let us know!~
Posted 2013-08-15T16:40:22+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI
Hey mariemorel!

Assuming you have a factory finish, you should start by lightly sanding with 220-grit paper.

Wipe off the sanding dust with a dry terry towel and apply a coat of oil-based primer, like Zinsser Cover Stain.

Ask your Paint Associate to tint your primer to be similar to your new color.

Allow the primer to dry two-hours and apply your new topcoat.

Satin is the most common finish on factory furniture, but many DIYers use semi-gloss or even Gloss.

NOTE:
If possible, wait about three days to put your headboard back into use.

This will allow your paint to fully cure ... preventing scuffs and chips.
Posted 2014-11-05T21:01:45+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+