Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

how to re paint an fire place????

Hello my name is Tyresha, i'm 26 years old. i just started on an home project, which i can use a little help on. I would like to know how to repaint my fireplce to bring more life to my room. Please help

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-12-02T22:22:32+0000  by Tyresha26 Tyresha26

Are you set on painting it?  My mother painted ours white when I was a kid and I remember her repaintng it every year.  I finally stripped it of all its paint and its original bricks are beautiful. You might consider a slightly more difficult project if your willing. Set some natural stone tiles on top of the brick. I think youll be happier than if it were painted.

Posted 2013-12-03T06:02:08+0000  by mollycartwright

Hello Tyresha26!

Your Paint Associate can show you several "High Heat" paints.

Typically they include black and several other colors (white, almond, and silver), but most DIYers are using black to re-create the original appearance.

Simply clean the surface with a bristle brush; use a shopvac to remove the dust; gently wipe with a slightly damp terry towel; and after the surface dries, spray or brush three light coats.

NOTE:

The manufacturer says this product is not designed for direct contact with flame.

So, while the product will last on exterior surfaces, they will ultimately fade inside an active firebox.

Some of my customers freshen the firebox in the spring and simply expect the color to fade as they begin building fires in the fall ... then clean and freshen inside the firebox again the next spring.

Pat InPaint

Posted 2013-12-03T14:43:45+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+