Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

how to remove wallpaper

I am repainting my walls but there is wallpaper on the walls and I need to remove it without tearing the drywall. Any suggestions.

Thanks

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-04-18T15:38:32+0000  by ADAmato ADAmato

Hi there ADAmato,

Thanks for joining the community!~

We've actually tackled projects like this before on our community here, so I'll instead invite you to browse our other topics on this subject.

My colleague Pat_HD_ATL authored a great reply to a user on how to remove wallpaper from walls. His steps are concise and easy to follow along with, so he will definitely steer you in the right direction. You can view them in the topic: Removing wallpaper

In addition, Kevin_HD_ATL and ordjen also responded to a similar topic in which they talk about how to care for the walls after the wallpaper has been removed. You can view their replies in the following topics: Repainting problems after removing wallpaper & Wallpaper Removal

Posted 2013-04-18T15:59:54+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI
Thanks Jay!

The key to removing wallpaper is re-wetting the adhesive on the back of the paper.

Several applications of wetting agent are commonly necessary.

So, take time to wet and wait 5-minutes, wet again and wait 5, and wet a third time and wait 5.

This will result in paper that comes off without scoring ... which often damages the wall behind the paper.

So, take time to wet and wait 5-minute three times.

You'll find the results are worth the wait!
Posted 2014-12-04T18:41:31+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+