Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

how to replace circular bulb in Hampton Bay flushmount light fixture

We have a Hampton Bay 553310 model FM 1001 flush mount kitchen ceiling light, and need to replace the bulb.  This sounds so stupid to me, but I cannot figure out how to get the globe off so I can replace the bulb.  I have searched the internet for instructions, to no avail.  Can someone help me?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-09-22T00:50:52+0000  by stephcarb stephcarb

Hello stephcarb and welcome to The Community! We are glad that you are here.


The number 553310 for the Hampton Bay ceiling fan was not enough information for us to make an exact match in our system. The globe may need to be pushed or turned but we need to identify your ceiling fan so we can give you the correct sequence to safely remove the globe.


To help us identify your ceiling fan, locate the 12 digit UPC code (all numbers – no letters) on the top of the motor housing. If possible, locate the 6 digit SKU (numerical) from the side of the box. This will identify the exact manufacturer and model of the fan.


Contact the Hampton Bay Customer Service team directly at 1-877-527-0313 (option 2) with these numbers and they can tell you how to safely remove your globe and replace the bulb.


Best wishes and thank you for joining our discussions.

Posted 2011-09-23T14:47:18+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question