Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Answered

how to replace shut off valve

My shut off valve is off but I still can use my toilet. I turn the valve and water starts flowing out. Any suggestions???

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2010-12-17T08:16:48+0000  by meffordzhen meffordzhen

Hello meffordzhen and welcome to The Community!  Thanks for joining – we are here to help!  First, I need a little more information to help clarify what is happening at your house.  Is the valve that is off the main house water valve or the cold water shut off (stop valve) direct to the toilet?

If the main water valve is turned off and the toilet is at the lowest point in the house, water will run until the head pressure is down and the water runs out of the system.  Flush the toilet several times and the water should stop flowing.

shut off valve.gif

If the valve is direct to the toilet, and the water continues to flow after several flushes, the valve may be bad.  Remember to shut the water off at the main before replacing the valve.  This link shows how to install a toilet (Step 10 shows how to install the shutoff valve).

I look forward to helping you solve this problem and thanks again for joining The Community!

Best Answer

Posted 2010-12-17T13:31:20+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+