Sign In to join the community | Help
Kitchen

how to restore a kitchen table

need help on how to restore my antique kitchen table. table is very old and i do not want to take away from its original color and finish.  i need to fix it as well.  the chairs need to be redone as well. 

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-13T17:44:31+0000  by larson_andrea larson_andrea

Welcome to our community Larson_Andrea!

Thank you for your questions! For your project, I would recommend using Howard Restor-A-Finish. This product is great for restoring antique table and chairs. Just apply it with a soft, lint free rag or steel wool. It may be best for you to use a lint free rag since the piece is quite old and fragile. It comes in a variety of colors and you will choose the color that is closest to the current color.

After you are done applying the Restor-A-Finish, apply Howard Feed-N-Wax  to protect the surface from moisture and to keep the finish looking great.  You will also apply this product with a lint free rag.

As far as fixing the table, depending on the damage, wood filler should fix it. You will want to use wood filler that is close to the color of the wood and apply it before you use any products. If you have pieces of wood that have fallen off completely, use wood glue to glue it back together.

If you have any more questions, please let us know!

Christine :smileyhappy:

Posted 2013-08-14T13:14:52+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+