Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

i would like some color suggestions for a unique area

the room is currently 3 shades of blue this area includes a fireplace with wood stove insert the fire place area is also painted but not the insert itself i want to paint the room a nuetral color can you give me some suggestions

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-05T18:41:43+0000  by robinhryn robinhryn

Howdy robinhryn,

After speaking with numerous paint experts they've given me some ideas that I would like to share with you.

Start by finding inspiration,

You can come up with ideas by creating a portfolio of what appeals to you: a favorite painting, a , an unforgettable vacation in the Grand Canyon, or whatever else inspires you.

First, take into consideration your inspirational image's common denominators in terms of color. Do you like a variety of colors or particular shades and tints of a specific color? Do you like them bright or subdued?

Secondly, is there a mood or theme that you would like to achieve? Do you want a restful feel in the bedroom, or an energizing feel to the family room? This is where you want to have a well thought out color.

Last but not least, take a look at all the key elements in your house. Do you have carpeting, hardwood floors, modern or antique furniture? The color of the flooring is an important consideration when you choose colors because it anchors the room and can impact the color on the wall due to reflections.

My vote for neutral paint color would have to be a "seafoam green". So classic, retro, and timely at the same time.

seafoamgrn.jpg  behr-colorsmart-22.gif

Furnishings also play an important role in determining the perfect color scheme for your house. Since these are usually the most expensive and not easily replaced items in the house, they tend to suggest a coordinating color scheme that ties everything together. An invaluable heirloom dining table, for example, will never be discarded because it doesn't match the wall color of the dining room.

Happy Painting,

Posted 2013-08-05T21:18:19+0000  by Dave_HD_OC

Hello robinhyrn!

Several of my favorite colors are neutrals:

1) Ralph Lauren Sisal VM298;

2) Ralph Lauren Safari Tan TH204; and

3) Ralph Lauren Broome UL232.

Your Paint Associate can show you examples of these colors and mix half-pint take-home samples for application to your wall.

Posted 2013-08-06T11:48:31+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+